We vet every request that comes in, if the submission is accepted, you will hear back within one week. All companies who we publish a guest post for cannot submit again for three months.
We require an email address with your company’s domain (not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc.) for all submissions.
- be in outline form linked via Google Docs.
- explain whether the final draft will be an article, listicle, etc.
- explain what is being discussed, opined, compared, or reviewed. ( If making a comparative review or opinion piece, express the stance the submission will favor.)
- state the submission’s targeted keyword(s).
- explain your reason for submission.
- touch on your personal writing experience and include at least 2 examples of previous work.
- name your employer / position (if applicable)
Upon approval, a DC Dev Shop editor will contact you. They will let you know of any requested changes, further flesh out your idea and work with you to make your submission the highest quality possible. Please cooperate, as they want to create content that supports you (the author) and the DC Dev Shop blog as much as you do!
Once you receive feedback, you’re more than welcome to start working on your copy!
- Final drafts should be more or less 2,000 words.
- Include the target keyword in the title.
- Provide keyword-related tags to accompany the submission.
- Include a Dropbox or Google Drive folder of media that will appear within the submission along with a non-copyrighted featured image. (For reference, the width of our blog is 700px wide.)
- All images associated with the submission must be 200KB or less.
- Comment in copy where each piece of media will be placed.
- Include the source of the media.
- Content that does not cite or link to another source must be 100% original.
Your copy can be submitted to your editor. They will review your work, edit as needed to boost SEO and send you a final draft. We will not publish your article until agreement is made between you and your editor. Win-Win!