DC Dev Shop is looking for a creative Visual Design Intern to shape and own the user interface design of our digital products. The ideal candidate will have experience creating logos, infographics, and web page templates. Our designers collaborate with other team members throughout the design process, ensuring we are delivering a quality product. If you want to design and shape branding for startups and nonprofits around the DC area, we want to hear from you.
- Graphic design major or similar work experience
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Minimum availability 2-3 days a week
- For this role, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team, including designers, engineers, and product managers to ensure our branding is consistent and appealing.
- If you have the ability to convey messages and information through illustrations, graphics, and patterns, we’d like to meet you.
- Collaborate with internal teams to define user interface requirements
- Combine various colors, shapes and typography fonts to improve user experience
- Use visual design software to refine illustrations
- Apply sketching techniques, like gradients and contrasts to enhance digital images
- Present rough drafts to product managers and/or key stakeholders to gain approval
- Ultimately, you will design aesthetically-pleasing products that capture our brand and engage our audiences
We’re a WordPress focused creative agency based in Washington, D.C. We work with our clients to find technology solutions to accomplish digital goals. We think collaboration is key to partner with our clients everyday to produce outstanding results. DC Dev Shop uses a content first methodology to approach web based projects. Our clients are a diverse group. We provide WordPress services including marketing, branding, design and development to produce outstanding products. We offer enterprise level solutions on a small business budget. Check us out at www.dcdevshop.com
We are the leading WordPress focused development shop in the D.C. area, working with brands to attract and retain clients by leveraging web technologies and inbound marketing methodologies.
If you want to work in the digital industry, then we want to hear from you. We consider every application and will get back to you as soon as we can.